The online publication Queer unites people with liberal values. We remember that the neglect of human rights has led to a number of barbaric acts and crimes against humanity. We believe that protecting the rights of every human being contributes to social progress and universal well-being. We know that without freedom of expression and speech it is impossible to create a world in which people are free from fear, poverty and oppression. We work to protect the rights of one of the most oppressed social groups in Georgia – the queer community, and we are also in solidarity with all other social groups or individuals whose rights are being violated. We are ready to join all those who believe that this concerns them as well.
We promise each other that by using this platform, we will contribute to supporting such fundamental rights in Georgia as:
- The right to life and health
- Protection from violence, discrimination
- Protection from inhumane treatment and torture
- Freedom of personal development
- Freedom of expression and speech, assembly and manifestation
- Freedom of opinion and association